Audio -- Listen to "Unleavened Bread Mystery"Unleavened Bread Mystery -- P. M. May 1,'16
Leviticus 23:4-8 -- FBC, Ada
I. On April 15 is the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Leviticus 23:6
A. Why unleavened bread?
1. No symbolic meaning was given in the Old Testament.
II. In the New Testament is the symbolic meaning given.
A. Mystery made know. Colossians 1:25-26
B. Leaven is symbolic of sin. Luke 12:1
C. Leaven is symbolic of Wickedness. 1 Corinthians 5:6-8
D. Bread is symbolic of the body of Jesus. Luke 22:19
1. Jesus is the bread of life. John 6:48-51
2. Unleavened = sinless Jesus. 1 Peter 2:21-24
II. On April 14, at evening just before the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the body of Jesus was taken down and buried. John 19:31-42
III. The Lord's supper is symbolic of the fulfillment of the Passover & Unleavened bread. 1 Corinthians 11:23-30
A. Bread = body of Jesus.
B. Cup = blood (Passover) of Jesus.
1. Repent of your sins. 1 Corinthians 5:7-8
2. Confess Jesus. Romans 10:9-10
[ Home Page ] Copyright (c) 2016 by Jerry L. Wells
[ Home Page ]
Copyright (c) 2016 by Jerry L. Wells